In January a carpenter friend of mine asked me (as a technical digital career person) how long I expect to have a job, because machines are taking over. 😳 I didn't have a response at the time, except to say that any job with intense repetitive number crunching would be first phase. Now I have more insight...
(Note: This article is a follow-up from an article is wrote in April 2018 under Zoom newsletter publishing (a start-up I tested last year). The article combined analysis from McKinsey & Co. and Accenture, management consulting firms. Check that out.)
Figure Eight prepared this insightful report - 300 people across a variety of industries and company sizes contributed to this data quick summary:.
- Today, more than one-third of organizations use AI.
- Deployments grown by 270% in four years.
- More companies are focused on incorporating AI into their daily business processes.
- Companies already adopted AI report they have edged ahead of competitors.
Two participant groups in this survey comprised as follows:
- Technical people: 80% data scientists, 20% data engineers/machine learning engineers/software application developers.
- Line-of-business: 50% of product managers/directors/business analyst, vice-president and C-level executives.
TL : DR - In essence the use of A.I is still the same as 2018, cleaning big sets of data, automating repetitive tasks - it's not yet dystopian science fiction stuff as seen in movies. Here's some graphs, but please download the report to be deeply informed.
🧠 To learn how you can advance your AI and machine learning initiatives, visit the report makers at www.figure-eight.com, they seem really cool and this is a helpful report.
I hope this report illuminates a path forward for you and your organization. Thank you for taking the time to fully consider what it means to develop AI for the real world. ☺️